Jun 23, 2005

A revised opinion...

The Yankees don’t play in Flushing and
The Mets are in the toilet.


Just a painful June. The Astros came to town and the Mets went south it seems.

There are four guys I am hoping the Mets will pursue - I doubt they’ll get them but I certainly hope they do.

The players are:

__________

Sean Casey

__________

Alfonso Soriano

__________

Eric Milton

__________

Mark Redman


Casey is a first baseman from Cincinnati who apparently can “be had” and should combined in a trade to allow Cincinnati to get out from under the contract for Eric Milton (which they must be having second thoughts about).

The Pirates are always trade partners and rumors are that Redman is available for the right package.

Soriano is too keen on his sojourn in Texas (according to the rumblings) and a change of scenery could only benefit Kaz Matsui - plus with the abundance of starters currently it would be very possible for the Mets to package Zambrano or Ishi to get a decent second baseman.

We’ll see.

No comments: